Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Please allow me to introduce myself…"



My name is Rebecca. Some of you might know me as Queenie, others as NYCScribbler, yet others as "HEY! You in the Lobo jersey! Pipe down!" I've been a WNBA and New York Liberty fan since day one, and a college fan since about 2004. I hold season tickets to the Liberty and the Red Storm of St. John's, but I have a tendency to pop up in a lot of other places as well.



This is going to be home to the game notes I have painstakingly written for almost every game and/or major event I've attended since the 2003 WNBA season. I'll be going back to the beginning, since those notes have otherwise been lost to public consumption since WNBATalk shut down, and working my way back through the present... hopefully I'll be caught up by the time the 2008 WNBA season starts *g* These notes are being copy/pasted as written, keeping the... occasional misplaced piece of optimism, shall we say... intact for posterity.



I swear occasionally. My language is not always as polite as it ought to be. I often reference people I know from various message boards and/or the in-jokes of said boards.



You'll notice an evolution in the notes from in-game action (when I had an iBook I could bring to events) to sketchy post-game reports to more detailed reports (inspired by cross-posting Liberty/Storm notes to stormfans.org) to the notes in their current form. Usually you'll be able to tell a win or a loss from the tone, but I'll be looking up boxscores and final tallies as well.


Comments and e-mails are welcome- want to share a fond memory of the game described? Got an active link to a game article? Better box? Gimme.

No comments: